Sunday 15 April 2012

Ilustration Friday: Intentions

Badintentions

Bad one that is.

So another prompt from weeks gone by that looks interesting is "intentions" and this one gave me a good idea for a panel for the comic I'm working on in which a character declares his (Less than pure) intentions.

For this piece I drew inspiration from an old illustration by Perry Peterson:


Petersonset.jpg

I just loved the way the shadows framed the subject's face and wanted to capture that same sort of dramatic lighting.

So I started off with a round of thumbnails:




I settled on the first option as I felt it was the most menacing. From there I laid out a background:


Inked the drawing:


Applied some colour:


And finally added in some shading and the word balloons:

Badintentions

No comments:

Post a Comment